Monday, January 2, 2012

Why am I running for Congress?

Our nation is in a crisis. And our faith in politicians and pundits is at an all-time low. And we are in this mess because too many people in Washington have made lifelong careers out of telling people what they want to hear, rather than looking out for the interests of the people.
Why am I running? Is it because as a small businessman I know how to create jobs? Is it because I firmly believe that the fundamental purpose of the nation’s military is to keep us free and safe or because I believe in American exceptionalism, that our nation is the example of freedom and liberty to the rest of the world? I believe in these principles, but that is not the reason I chose to come into this race.
My father and mother instilled in our family a creed:
Duty, Honor, Service to God, Family, and Country.
They instilled in our family a great sense and obligation to serve this country. Shortly before graduating from college, at a time I was planning and entering law school, I felt the need to serve our country. My wife and I knew it would be a sacrifice and that it would be a harder life, not only for us but for our children. This turned out to be true, but it was a great experience and we are grateful for the time we had to serve.
I feel the same desire to serve our country now.
This is not the next step in my political career. I want to serve our country in this crisis, get us through our challenges, and come home. I believe that this is how the founding fathers intended it.
We share in the challenges and we share in the sacrifices. But we will share in the victory.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment